Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where the Buffalo Roam



This weekend I thought I would go in search of wildlife and see what sort of shots I could manage. Unfortunately, except for the odd cat and dog, the wildlife were nowhere to be found. So I went back to a little ranch in Laurel where there are about 6-7 buffalo. The buffalo were in the mood to vogue - deciding to pose for the camera. However, I didn't anticipate they wanted to get up-close-and-personal with yours truly. These beasties are not small. At 5-foot-11, I'm far from tiny but these hairy heavy-breathers were significantly sizeable compared to me and I was intent on keeping a safe distance. I have to admit, though, I was tempted to reach out and touch the one who was oh-so-eager to check me out but I refrained. Best not to tempt the situation any further than I already had.

No comments: