Sunday, October 3, 2010

Print Donation | Bellingham Photographer

I am about to meet a woman I went to junior high and high school with in a few hours.  She currently works for a shelter for women of domestic violation and/or sexual assault, and the shelter is having a fund raiser in a couple of weeks. She asked me if I would donate a print for the silent auction - which I agreed to do - which is why we're meeting today. I need to hand off the image (see below).
I am actually very proud of this image. I had an idea for a shot, so I drove all over the county looking for a run-down shack to photograph. I wanted to do some processing effects to make the image look old, and then title it "Shelter From the Storm"; however, I saw this shack - with it's turquoise blue tarp for a door and "Home Sweet Home" sign hanging over the threshold - and decided this was the image for me. I have titled it "Home Sweet Home" and simply muted the colors to get the effect I was looking for in the print.

Here is information on the fundraiser.  If you're interested in attending - let me know and I'll send you her information so you can purchase tickets.

‎2nd Annual Auction 'ODDITIES AT LARGE'

Dinner and live and silent auction
100% of proceeds go to the cause.


Who: Aunties Attic & Collectibles (Benefiting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault)
Where:  Edmonds Senior Center, Edmonds Washington
When:  16 October 2010
Time: Doors open at 5 p.m.
Tickets: $25 (includes dinner)

No comments: